What is a Forest playground?
The Forest Playground
- Takes place in a natural setting which students visit regularly.
- Promotes social, emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual development.
- Fosters resilience, independence, creativity and confidence.
- Provides opportunity for educational risk-taking under guidance of supportive staff.
- Encourages a love for nature and a deeper relationship with the Creator.
- Provides for play-based learning, and as far as possible child-initiated. The teacher is the facilitator.
- Occurs in all weather - except for dangerous weather. There is no bad weather, only bad clothing.
What is a STEM playground?
The STEM playground
- Provides multiple sensory activities to engage students in learning.
- Children can initiate their own activities
- Children explore, imagine, try new things, and learn alone or with friends.
- Involves children in hands-on, loose-parts outdoor play.
- Creates opportunities for children to handle outdoor risks safely.
- Teaches children about use and effect.
- Provides children with a wide range of activities that support their holistic development.
Every afternoon students in K-2nd at Maps play and learn in the Forest or Stem classrooms. Come join the fun. Enroll today!